For the English-speaking users
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
fbraggio

Engine cut-out and "explosions" on the exhaust pip

#1 Beitrag von fbraggio » 6. Jul 2006 00:09

Dear all,

I'm from Brazil and here I'm following some Forums about the new XT 660. People say that its fuel-injections system is not yet correctly tuned, so engine cuts-out easily and besides, during deacceleration, small "explosions" are heard from exhaust pipes.

I tested-drove one and could see these things happen.

Do these problem also occur in Europe ?

I plan to buy a XT 660 but wouldn't like worries with the bike.

Thanks.
Fabio Braggio - fbraggio@hotmail.com

Lobo
Chef
Chef
Typ: Keine XT
Details: NC750X DCT
#2 Beitrag von Lobo » 6. Jul 2006 00:27

Hi !

Greetings to Brazil and welcome ! :)

The Engine runs too lean (too much air, too little gasoline) due to the environment regulations in factory settings.

You can adjust it by yourself or get a new "ECU" (electronical control unit ?). Models since 2005 have the new ECU installed and the XT runs smoother - but has a very little less power and react less spontaneously.

The problem varies from machine to machine. My XT had the old ECU and ran perfectly, i had no Problems.

I mean that an one-Zylinder run anyway jerkily and which one can live thereby well.

Perhaps the other Users can say still more to it, my English are not the best.

Greetings, Jörg

Orientator
Kurvenwetzer
Kurvenwetzer
Typ: R

#3 Beitrag von Orientator » 6. Jul 2006 08:57

Hi Fabio!

Welcome to this forum and many greetings to brasil!

The backfire is caused by the lean mixture of air and fuel (as Jörg said above). The ignition fails to ignite in the cylinder for one cycle (which is not that bad!), the fuel gets into the hot exhaust and explodes.
This is normal for the single cylinder engines built in the last 10-15 years because of emission restrictions. For the backfire it is indifferent if you have a carburetor or a fuel injection. It depends on the exact tuning of the air fuel ratio.

The european XT's sometimes tend to run out. My '05 model runs out maybe once per 1000 km. Therefore I have pushed up the idle running a little bit. From my point of view the problem is solved.

My XT has no bucking and jerking when I am driving at a constant speed. Even the load-cycle changes are quite smooth.

Regards
Stefan
1% der Erde ist geteert. 99% sind es nicht.

Bild

fbraggio

Danke Jorg und Stefan

#4 Beitrag von fbraggio » 6. Jul 2006 22:28

Vielen danke fur ihre antwort (is it right ? just recalling my German classes........ehehe)

So all the "problem" is about a tuning in the electronic injection system and setting the idle to 1300-1400 rpm ?

See you

Fabio Braggio
fbraggio@hotmail.com

bikeman
Inventar
Inventar
Typ: X

#5 Beitrag von bikeman » 7. Jul 2006 14:40

Ola brasileiro, o que voce quer falar com Andreas, ele tambem mora no Brasil. Agora nos temos dos brasileiros em XT-Forum. De onde voce moro in brasil? Minha esposa e uma Mineira (Belo Horizonte), mas meu portugese e mouito mal.
Live and let die.

fbraggio

Ola Bikeman

#6 Beitrag von fbraggio » 7. Jul 2006 15:15

Parabens pelo seu portugues !

Obrigado pela resposta.

Grande abraço

Fabio Braggio
fbraggio@hotmail.com

bikeman
Inventar
Inventar