Spark plug colour

For the English-speaking users
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
aphex

Spark plug colour

#1 Beitrag von aphex » 7. Jul 2006 17:50

Can someone tell me if the plug looks ok?
Too rich or lean. Snorkel is removed + Leovince x3.
CO1 = 85

Bild

the grump

spark plug

#2 Beitrag von the grump » 9. Jul 2006 10:28

Hi there
Your plug looks fine, though you should be aware that the whole spark-plug-colour-thing isn't as reliable as it used to be, as unleaded petrol does give the "deer brown" colour over a much wider range than the old leaded stuff.
When You start seeing the differences it is usually too late - i.e. the engine has already drowned in petrol (fat black colouring) or is beginning to get damaged by too lean a mixture, when You can observe the typical whitish colouring and the "eaten away edges".
It is a much better idea to find a friendly workshop with testing/measuring equipment, ideally on rolling power tester.
Hope this helped a bit
koer forsigtigt og proeve at holde gummi siden nede......

the Grump

aphex

Re: spark plug

#3 Beitrag von aphex » 9. Jul 2006 14:14

the grump hat geschrieben:Hi there
Your plug looks fine, though you should be aware that the whole spark-plug-colour-thing isn't as reliable as it used to be, as unleaded petrol does give the "deer brown" colour over a much wider range than the old leaded stuff.
When You start seeing the differences it is usually too late - i.e. the engine has already drowned in petrol (fat black colouring) or is beginning to get damaged by too lean a mixture, when You can observe the typical whitish colouring and the "eaten away edges".
It is a much better idea to find a friendly workshop with testing/measuring equipment, ideally on rolling power tester.
Hope this helped a bit
koer forsigtigt og proeve at holde gummi siden nede......

the Grump
Thanks Grump!

Ok, I was a bit confused when looking at old pictures with different spark plugs, how they should look or not. Thats true about the unleaded fuel that you never gonna get the hole plug "light brown" nowadays.
I´m going to buy a stage 2 DNA filter and then maybe take the bike to a testing center for best results.
Do I really have to buy a PCIII for that purpose?

Best regards

Mattias

Ps. Ha en trevlig sommar!! ds.

the grump

spark plug

#4 Beitrag von the grump » 10. Jul 2006 23:54

hej
Even if You don't buy the PowerCommander (though I really like the difference, and the fact that I can just unplug it, in case of warranty discussions and to please our dear german officals with all their braindead rules and regulations :roll:
You still have the option to change the CO settings via the speedo....
Enjoy :D

the Grump

aphex

Re: spark plug

#5 Beitrag von aphex » 13. Jul 2006 21:32

the grump hat geschrieben:hej
Even if You don't buy the PowerCommander (though I really like the difference, and the fact that I can just unplug it, in case of warranty discussions and to please our dear german officals with all their braindead rules and regulations :roll:
You still have the option to change the CO settings via the speedo....
Enjoy :D

the Grump
How much did you pay for the PCIII?
I probably going to by one but not yet. The exhausts and the Dna stage 2 filter was enough for my economy right now :wink:

Antworten