For the English-speaking users
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Johan (SWE)

XT660 R/X Part Order Numbers

#1 Beitrag von Johan (SWE) » 2. Sep 2006 09:17

Hi,

One of the members in the dutch sister organization found a handy link for the spare part order numbers.

I don't know if someone has posted this before, but I am submitting this information anyways just in case.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.mx/Manual_P ... uro/XT660/

Regards,

Johan
Member no. 7
http://www.xt6.nl

TROLL

#2 Beitrag von TROLL » 2. Sep 2006 11:59

Great Link Johan :P !
The parts catalogue will be a great help...

Cheers

TROLL

Johan (SWE)

#3 Beitrag von Johan (SWE) » 2. Sep 2006 13:15

Hi Troll,

You are most welcome! I guess that most of us are tired of diving behind the counter at the Yamaha dealer to sift through the screen of a microfiche projector or computer screen displaying the same pdf files that the weblink provided.

This way we can take all the time we need and prepare a shopping list at home, then just hand over the list with the order number to be processed.

:freude:

Please note that in some instances, spare parts have been replaced with better products that have different order numbers.

For example, I had to order 2 X of part 90480-15316 GROMMET, which are the rubber rings absorbing vibrations just under the head light assembly. My two grommets were worn out after some 50.000 kilometers, causing an irritating vibration sound from the assembly.

When ordering a grommet, for example, my Yamaha dealer was notified in the ordering application that the part has been replaced with another product (which might be improved). Subesquently, the dealer got a new part number which he or she can use in the order process from the central warehouse at Yamaha Europe if it is not on stock at Yamaha Germany for example.

We don't notice this logistical procedure, we just get the right part delivered at the end of this ordering process. Even though we use the 'old' number in some instances, the dealer will get it right eventually.

:wink:

Regards,

Johan

Antworten