Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
max
Mückenfänger
Mückenfänger

xt 660 prototype

#1 Beitrag von max » 6. Feb 2010 11:23

hi,sorry but i don't speak german,however i'd like to present my xtr tuned for rally raid.you can see some pictures at http://img34.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p1 ... jpg)here's the upgrades:
wp forks 48 mm with ergal feet and titanium springs,tag alloy steering plates,talon alloy hubsdal pieno,ergal footrests by mek,olins rear shock with titanium spring,febur extended water cooler,hand made alu swingarm by pierobon,20 lt alu fuel tank by pierobon,dna air filter and power commander,one industries light mask,carbon handguards by aprilia and carbon yamaha frameguards,aiko 2 in 1 exhaust system with carbon silencer from vor,discacciati 4 pistons brake caliper with 32 mm disk.all these pieces have been bought used and fitted to this bike with long and pacienceful work.great thanks to max pierobon(http://www.pierobonframes.com)and a confession:i wouldn't ever make again this work,too much time and money.but past is untouchable.cheers

CONWING
Inventar
Inventar
Typ: Keine XT
Details: KTM 1090 ADV

Re: xt 660 prototype

#2 Beitrag von CONWING » 6. Feb 2010 12:56

Welcome aboard max!

You own a well tuned nice bike....... :ja:

Have a nice time in our forum.

Yours
Sent from my brain using keyboard.......

KL250A..CM400T..RD350LC..
MZ250..RD500LC..RD350LC..
XT600Z..XT660Z..Tiger 800 XC..
KTM 1090 Adventure :kuerbis:

XTrem
Inventar
Inventar
Typ: X

#3 Beitrag von XTrem » 6. Feb 2010 13:57

Hi Max
welcome in our forum.
Your Bike is very special. It looks like "borne to fight" :yau:
The exhaust is incredible. The sound must be great.

Have a good time :wink:
Gruß
XTrem

Wo saufen eine Ehre ist, kann kotzen keine Schande sein.

flatboarder
Inventar
Inventar

#4 Beitrag von flatboarder » 17. Mai 2010 21:30

Woah, I totally missed this international board and this posting.

A beautiful and extremely well designed conversion demonstrating an unbelievable effort. This is the best looking 660R I ever saw, apart from it's stunning technical spec.
The gas tank is awesome, as is the fork assembly and exhaust/muffler installation (looks loud). I have a slight feeling about how much work this all was and how much it cost.

People like you will always search for even more perfection, I guess, but I hope this great ride absolutely satisfies your needs in the long run.

Would be happy to find some more discussion on this bike whereever.

Regards, Phil
fahren und fahren lassen

max
Mückenfänger
Mückenfänger

#5 Beitrag von max » 5. Sep 2010 18:43

thanks to everyone who posted his opinion,i repeat that isn't convenient to employ time and money for such a big transformation,this gets meaningful only if you want to keep your xt all your life long.however i spent among 7000 and 8000 euros :oops: getting many used parts on the web,but effectively now is another bike

flatboarder
Inventar
Inventar

#6 Beitrag von flatboarder » 8. Sep 2010 14:30

max hat geschrieben:thanks to everyone who posted his opinion,i repeat that isn't convenient to employ time and money for such a big transformation,this gets meaningful only if you want to keep your xt all your life long.however i spent among 7000 and 8000 euros :oops: getting many used parts on the web,but effectively now is another bike
Perfectly understand the matter. Same with my conversion.
Although I like the bike, one can never guarantee to keep it for a long time. Up to now I sold every bike I had.
So the least thing I could do was to keep every modification 100% undoable.

For me this means, my conversion can definitely be brought back to 100% stock condition, including every detail, suspension, wheels, electrics, whatever, with very little effort and without any destruction. It will be as like coming unmodified from the dealer.
It is a matter of removing my new components and replacing them by the stock components, which are kept at fully operational state, since we did not use parts of them (as like using one of the two stock front calipers or whatever). Also need to buy some external plastics, since I had them painted.

The worst thing about it would be to change triple clamps back to original fork assembly, since it would need to unlock headset bearing. The rest would be quite easy. Plug and play. Reinstall wheels, rear shock, front brake (complete system in one piece). No changes at all at loom.

In case I will be selling my Tenere one day, I will sell a 100% stock unmodified vehicle with 100% stock engine and everything at normal rate.
Then I would try to sell my special items as plug and play kit to people who need exactly what I did previously. There are not a lot, but for those who like it, it saves a huge amount of effort, and they can inspect everything and do it themselves, therefore do not need to trust in other people's modifications.

In case this is impossible, I will still be able to sell items one by one for whatever purpose and usage. Did this formerly. No big success but works out in an acceptable way.

I believe there is no other way for getting back at least some of the money, if at all possible.

Just look at the JMo conversion, which AFAIK is not yet sold up to now.

These things need to be considered before spending all the money, and I would even like to add, that all in all there are no agreeable technical reasons for performing such a conversion, even if you were able to improve your bike by far (which I do not doubt). There are individual reasons for doing it, but from technical and economical point of view, one should simply forget about it.
I was able to completely finish off my project some days ago, and most likely I won't start another.
:biggrin:

regards, Phil
fahren und fahren lassen

Denwoo
Laternenparker
Laternenparker
Typ: X

#7 Beitrag von Denwoo » 3. Sep 2012 14:30

I say hello to all bikers in the world.

hello

Wollte nur nicht das es hier so leer ist.

:mrgreen:
hier sollte eigentlich ein cooler Spruch oder etwas ähnliches stehen was sich lohnt zu lesen, was lustig oder gar eine Weisheit ist.
Tut es aber nicht außer: Die Kurvenfahrt ist das Ergebnis einer nicht geraden Strasse.

Antworten